21 Jump Street is a comedic re-imaging of the original 21 Jump Street, produced by Sony, starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. The pair plays police officers who must go undercover in a high school in order to bust a drug ring, just like Johnny Depp in the original series. Depp will have a cameo in the film, a small part that was written specifically for him by Jonah Hill. It is also rumored that original cast members Holly Robinson Peete, Peter DeLuise, Dustin Nguyen, Steven Williams and Richard Grieco will make cameos as well. In 2009, Hill described the film as being "R-rated" and "insane". He also rewrote the original script by screen writer Joe Gazzam.
The film was released on March 16, 2012. The sequel, 22 Jump Street was release later, 2 years after the first movie.
- The only thing getting blown tonight is their cover.
- They're too old for this shift.
- They thought the streets were mean. Then they went back to high school.
A pair of underachieving cops are sent back to a local high school to blend in and bring down a synthetic drug ring.
- Channing Tatum as Greg Jenko
- Jonah Hill as Morton Schmidt
- Brie Larson as Molly
- Ice Cube as Capt. Dickson
- Ellie Kemper as Ms. Griggs
- Dave Franco as Eric
- Rob Riggle as Mr. Walters
Interview at WonderCon
- Jennifer Lawrence, Juno Temple, Julianne Hough and Gemma Ward auditioned for a role.
- Emma Stone was considered for the lead female role but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts with her other movie, The Amazing Spider-Man.