Bad Santa (2003) is an American Christmas black comedy film written by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, directed by Terry Zwigoff, and starring Billy Bob Thornton , Bernie Mac , and Lauren Graham, with Tony Cox, Brett Kelly, Lauren Tom, and John Ritter in supporting roles.
A miserable conman and his partner pose as Santa and his Little Helper to rob department stores on Christmas Eve. But they run into problems when the conman befriends a troubled kid, and the security boss discovers the plot.
- Billy Bob Thornton as Willie T. Stokes
- Tony Cox as Marcus
- Brett Kelly as Thurman Merman
- Lauren Graham as Sue
- Lauren Tom as Lois
- Bernie Mac as Gin Slagel
- John Ritter as Bob Chipeska
- Octavia Spencer as Opal
- Cloris Leachman as Granny (uncredited)
- Alex Borstein as Milwaukee mom
- Billy Gardell as Milwaukee Security Guard
- Bryan Callen as Miami bartender
- Tom McGowan as Harrison
- Ajay Naidu as Indian immigrant
- Ethan Phillips as Roger Merman
- Matt Walsh as Herb (uncredited)
- Max Van Ville as bully
- Ryan Pinkston as shoplifter
- Curtis Taylor as Phoenix Security Guard
- Sheriff John Bunnell as Phoenix Police Chief
- The film was screened out of competition at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival.
- An unrated version was released on DVD on March 5, 2004 and on Blu-ray Disc on November 20, 2007 as "Bad(der) Santa."
- This was Ritter's last film appearance before his death in 2003.
- The Coen brothers are credited as executive producers.