Barbershop 2: Back in Business is a 2004 American comedy-drama film directed by Kevin Rodney Sullivan. It is the sequel to Barbershop and the second installment in the Barbershop film series. It is starring Ice Cube, Cedric the Entertainer, Sean Patrick Thomas, Eve, and several other actors reprise their roles from the first Barbershop film. Tom Wright and Jazsmine Lewis return in smaller roles. It was released on February 6, 2004 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
The film returns to a Chicago barbershop owned by Calvin Palmer Jr. (Ice Cube). His employees have their own personal and workplace problems, and a new barbershop called Nappy Cutz has moved in across the street. As Calvin tries to change the character of his business, Nappy Cutz and gentrification become a threat to the surrounding community.
- Ice Cube as Calvin Palmer, Jr.
- Cedric the Entertainer as Eddie
- Sean Patrick Thomas as Jimmy James
- Harry J. Lennix as Quentin Leroux
- Eve as Terri Jones
- Troy Garity as Isaac Rosenberg
- Michael Ealy as Ricky Nash
- Leonard Earl Howze as Dinka
- Kenan Thompson as Kenard
- DeRay Davis as Rayford
- Queen Latifah as Gina Norris
- Robert Wisdom as Lalowe Brown
- Jazsmin Lewis as Jennifer Palmer
- Tom Wright as Detective Williams
- Carl Wright as Checker Fred
- Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon as Loretta
- Keke Palmer as Gina's niece
- Marcia Wright-Tillman as Joyce
- Avant as Dexter
- Main article: Barbershop: The Next Cut''
On March 26, 2014, Deadline.com reported that MGM was in negotiations with Ice Cube to produce a third Barbershop film.
On March 19, 2015, MGM announced that the studio had been setting up deals with Cedric the Entertainer, Queen Latifah, and Nicki Minaj to appear in the film. Malcolm D. Lee was set to direct the film and New Line Cinema (via Warner Bros.). The film was released on April 15, 2016.