Betsy Palmer (born Patricia Betsy Hrunek on November 1, 1926 - May 29, 2015) was an American actress, known as a regular supporting movie and Broadway actress and television guest star, as a panelist on the game show I've Got a Secret, and later for playing the murderous serial killer mother, Pamela Voorhees in the popular slasher film Friday the 13th.
Betsy Palmer was born Patricia Betsy Hrunek on November 1, 1926 in East Chicago, Indiana to Marie (née Love), who launched the Chicago Business College, and Robert Vincent Hrunek, a Czech industrial chemist.
Write the second section of your page here.
In 1954, Palmer met and married obstetrician-gynecologist Dr. Vincent J. Merendino, M.D.. After 17 years of marriage, they got a divorce in 1971. They had one child.
On May 29, 2015, Palmer passed away at age 88 from natural causes. She passed away at a hospital care center in Danbury, Connecticut.
- Death Tide (1955) as Gloria
- The Long Gray Line (1955) as Kitty Carter
- Mister Roberts (1955) as Lt. Ann Girard
- Queen Bee (1955) as Carol Lee Phillips
- The Tin Star (1957) as Nona Mayfield
- The True Story of Lynn Stuart (1958) as Phyllis Carter/Lynn Stuart
- It Happened to Jane (1959) as himself
- The Ballad of Louie the Louise (1959) as Tina Adams
- The Last Angry Man (1959) as Anna Thrasher
- A Punt, a Pass, and a Prayer (1968) as Nancy
- Friday the 13th (1980) as Pamela Voorhees
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) as Pamela Voorhees
- Isabel's Choice (1981) as Ellie Fineman
- Windmills of the Gods (1988) as Mrs. Hart Brisbane
- Goddess of Love (1988) as Hera
- Still Not Quite Human (1992) as Aunt Mildred
- Unveiled (1994) as Eva
- The Fear: Resurrection (1999) as Grandmother
- Penny Dreadful (2005) as Trudie Tredwell
- Waltzing Anna (2006) as Anna Rhoades
- Bell Witch: The Movie (2007) as Bell Witch