Criminal is a 2016 action thriller film directed by Ariel Vromen and written by Douglas Cook and David Weisberg. It stars Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman and Tommy Lee Jones in their second collaboration following the 1991 film JFK. The film was released on April 15, 2016 by Summit Entertaiment.
CIA agent Bill Pope (Ryan Reynolds) dies while traveling to a secret location to meet a hacker who can launch missiles at will. Desperate to find his whereabouts, officials turn to an experimental neurosurgeon who can transfer memories from one brain to another. The guinea pig for the procedure is Jerico Stewart (Kevin Costner), a violent and dangerous death-row inmate. Now gifted with Pope's skills and knowledge, Stewart must race against time to stop a sinister international conspiracy.
- Kevin Costner as Jericho Stewart
- Gal Gadot as Jill Pope
- Tommy Lee Jones as Dr. Franks
- Gary Oldman as Quaker Wells
- Alice Eve as Marta Lynch
- Michael Pitt as Jan Stroop
- Jordi Mollà as Hagbardaka Heimbahl
- Antje Traue
- Scott Adkins as Pete Greensleeves
- Amaury Nolasco
- Ryan Reynolds as Bill Pope
- Colin Salmon as Warden
- Tommy Hatto as Captain Burrows
- Robert Davi as Admiral Lance
- Richard Reid as James Osborne
- Natalie Burn as Shoo Shoo
On Rotten Tomatoes the film has a rating of 14%, based on 29 reviews, with an average rating of 3.7/10. On Metacritic the film has a score of 36 out of 100, based on 13 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".