Draft Day is an upcoming sports comedy-drama film directed by Ivan Reitman and is scheduled for release on April 11, 2014. The premise revolves around the general manager of the Cleveland Browns desperately attempting to acquire the number one draft pick for his club. Filming began on May 8, 2013.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The general manager of the Cleveland Browns must fight to land the number 1 draft pick.
Rating[edit | edit source]
Rated PG-13 on appeal for brief strong language and sexual references.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Kevin Costner as Sonny Weaver, Jr.
- Jennifer Garner as Ali
- Frank Langella as Harvey Molina
- Tom Welling as Brian Drew
- Joe Manganiello
- Chadwick Boseman as Vontane Mack
- Rosanna Arquette as Angie
- Sam Elliott as Coach Moore
- Terry Crews as Earl Jennings
- Denis Leary as Vince Penn
- Ellen Burstyn as Barb Weaver
- Chi McBride as Walt
- W. Earl Brown as Ralph Mowry
- Kevin Dunn as Marvin
- Sean Combs as Chris Crawford
- Josh Pence as Bo Callahan
- Wallace Langham as Pete Begler
- Arian Foster as Ray Jennings
- Griffin Newman as Rick the Intern
Production[edit | edit source]
Marketing[edit | edit source]
The first poster and trailer for the film were released on December 23, 2013.
When the idea for the movie was first made public, the movie was to be centered around the Buffalo Bills instead of the Cleveland Browns but the studio changed it to the Browns because of cheaper production costs in Ohio.