Duck Soup is a 1933 comedy film starring the Marx Brothers.
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
The small state of Freedonia is in a financial mess, borrowing a huge sum of cash from wealthy widow Mrs. Teasdale. She insists on replacing the current president with crazy Rufus T. Firefly and mayhem erupts. To make matters worse, the neighboring state sends inept spies Chicolini and Pinky to obtain top secret information, creating even more chaos!
- Groucho Marx as Rufus T. Firefly, who, at Mrs. Teasdale's insistence, becomes the leader of Freedonia.
- Harpo Marx as Pinky, a spy for Sylvania who never talks.
- Chico Marx as Chicolini, another spy for Sylvania, one who never stops talking.
- Zeppo Marx as Lt. Bob Roland, Firefly's secretary.
- Margaret Dumont as Mrs. Gloria Teasdale, a rich widow who underwrites the budget of Freedonia.
- Louis Calhern as Ambassador Trentino of Sylvania, who schemes to have his country take over Freedonia.
- Raquel Torres as Vera Marcal, a femme fatale who is working for Ambassador Trentino.
- Edgar Kennedy as a lemonade vendor, who is just trying to make a living.
- Edmund Breese as Zander
- Edwin Maxwell as Former Secretary of War
- William Worthington as First Minister of Finance
- Davison Clark as Second Minister of Finance
- Charles B. Middleton as Prosecutor
- Leonid Kinskey as Sylvanian Agitator
- George MacQuarrie as First Judge
- Fred Sullivan as Second Judge
- Eric Mayne as Third Judge