Dune is an upcoming 2020 American epic science fiction film directed by Denis Villeneuve with a screenplay by Eric Roth, Jon Spaihts and Villeneuve. It is the first of a planned two-part adaptation of the 1965 novel of the same name by Frank Herbert, and will cover roughly the first half of the book. The film stars an ensemble cast including Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, Dave Bautista, Zendaya, David Dastmalchian, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Charlotte Rampling, Jason Momoa and Javier Bardem.
Dune is scheduled to be released in the United States in IMAX and 3D on December 18, 2020 by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Plot[edit | edit source]
In the far future of humanity, Duke Leto Atreides accepts stewardship of the dangerous desert planet Arrakis, the only source of the most valuable substance in the universe, "the spice", a drug which extends human life and provides accelerated levels of thought. Though Leto knows the opportunity is an intricate trap set by his enemies, the Harkonnens, he takes his Bene Gesserit concubine Lady Jessica, young son and heir Paul, and most trusted advisers to Arrakis, also known as Dune. Leto takes control of the spice mining operation, which is made perilous by the presence of giant sandworms. A bitter betrayal leads Paul and Jessica to the Fremen, natives of Arrakis who live in the deep desert.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck
- Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban
- Zendaya as Chani
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries
- Stephen McKinley Henderson
- Charlotte Rampling as Gaius Helen Mohiam
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar
- Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh
Videos[edit | edit source]