Exorcist II: The Heretic is a 1977 American horror film directed by John Boorman and written by William Goodhart. The films is starring Linda Blair, Richard Burton, Louise Fletcher, Max von Sydow, Kitty Winn, Paul Henreid and James Earl Jones.
Unlike the first film, Exorcist II is considered one of the worst films of all time.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Owing to his experience with exorcisms, Father Lamont (Richard Burton) is chosen by his superiors to investigate the death of Father Merrin (Max von Sydow), who died during the exorcism of young Regan MacNeil (Linda Blair). Lamont finds Regan under the psychiatric care of Dr. Tuskin (Louise Fletcher). By hypnotizing the girl, he is able to learn that Merrin previously exorcised the same demon from a boy in Africa. Hoping for answers, Lamont travels to Africa in search of the youth.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Linda Blair as Regan MacNeil
- Richard Burton as Father Philip Lamont
- Louise Fletcher as Dr. Gene Tuskin
- Max von Sydow as Father Lankester Merrin
- Kitty Winn as Sharon Spencer
- Paul Henreid as The Cardinal
- James Earl Jones as Kokumo
- Joey Green as young Kokumo
- Ned Beatty as Edwards
- Karen Knapp as the voice of Pazuzu
- Dana Plato as Sandra Phalor (uncredited)