Extra Ordinary is a 2019 Irish horror comedy film written and directed by Mike Ahern and Enda Loughman. The film stars Maeve Higgins, Barry Ward, Will Forte, Claudia O'Doherty, Jamie Beamish, Terri Chandler, Risteárd Cooper and Emma Coleman. The film was released on September 13, 2019, by Wildcard Distribution.
- Maeve Higgins as Rose Dooley
- Barry Ward as Martin Martin
- Will Forte as Christian Winter
- Claudia O'Doherty as Claudia Winter
- Jamie Beamish as Brian Welsh
- Terri Chandler as Sailor Dooley
- Risteárd Cooper as Vincent Dooley
- Emma Coleman as Sarah Martin
- Carrie Crowley as Marion Mularkey
- Mary McEvoy as Janet
- Agath Ellis as Young Rose
- Valerie O'Connor as Angela
- Siobhan McSweeney as Boring Noreen
- Eamon Morrissey as Mr. Daly
- Alison Spittle as Alison
- Jed Murray as Astaroth the Demon
The film premiered at South by Southwest on March 10, 2019. The film was released on September 13, 2019, by Wildcard Distribution.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 100% based on 27 reviews, with an average rating of 7.15/10. On Metacritic the film has a weighted average score of 70 out of 100 based on reviews from 4 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
Dennis Harvey of Variety magazine wrote: “Extra Ordinary” is a kind of tea-cosy “Ghostbusters” that’s consistently funny in a pleasingly off-kilter way."
Donald Clarke of The Irish Times gave the film 3 out of 5 and praised Higgins for her performance but suggests that the film may be overstuffed. Chris Wasser of The Irish Independent gave the film 3 out of 5 and said it was "just as bonkers on screen as it is on paper" but it "eventually stretches itself beyond breaking point, bearing all the hallmarks of a surreal comedy sketch that got out of hand." Movies.ie gave the film 3.5/5. Entertainment.ie gave the film 4/5.