Finding Forrester is a 2000 American drama film written by Mike Rich and directed by Gus Van Sant.
Plot[edit | edit source]
A unique relationship develops between an eccentric, reclusive novelist (Sean Connery) and a young, amazingly gifted scholar-athlete (Rob Brown). After the novelist discovers that the young athlete is also an excellent writer and secretly takes him on as his protégé, they develop an unlikely friendship. As they learn more about each other, they learn more about themselves, and ultimately, with the help of his new mentor, the basketball star must choose the right path.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Sean Connery as William Forrester
- Rob Brown as Jamal Wallace
- F. Murray Abraham as Crawford
- Anna Paquin as Claire
- Busta Rhymes as Terrell
- April Grace as Ms. Joyce
- Michael Pitt as Coleridge
- Michael Nouri as Dr. Spence
- Matt Damon as Sanderson
- Gerry Rosenthal as Student Speaker
- Glenn Fitzgerald as Massie