Golden Boy is a 1939 American drama romance sports film directed by Rouben Mamoulian and starring Barbara Stanwyck, Adolphe Menjou and William Holden.
Handsome Joe Bonaparte (William Holden) is a fine violin player, but he decides to try boxing instead. His father (Lee J. Cobb) tries to persuade him not to throw away his musical talent, but Joe is determined to make some money. He is helped by promoter Tom Moody (Adolphe Menjou), whose girlfriend, Lorna Moon (Barbara Stanwyck) also encourages the young pugilist. Joe is successful, but he becomes disillusioned with the fight game when a tragedy in the ring leads to darker times.
- Barbara Stanwyck as Lorna Moon
- Adolphe Menjou as Tom Moody
- William Holden as Joe Bonaparte
- Lee J. Cobb as Mr. Bonaparte
- Joseph Calleia as Eddie Fuseli
- Sam Levene as Siggie
- Edward Brophy as Roxy Lewis (as Edward S. Brophy)
- Beatrice Blinn as Anna
- William H. Strauss as Mr. Carp
- Don Beddoe as Borneo