Harold and Maude is a 1971 American romantic black comedy drama directed by Hal Ashby and released by Paramount Pictures.
A dead-pan disillusioned 20-year-old (Bud Cort) obsessed with suicide and a loveable Gordon as a fun-loving 80-year-old eccentric (Ruth Gordon). They meet at a funeral, and develop a taboo romantic relationship, in which they explore the tired theme of the meaning of life with a fresh perspective.
- Ruth Gordon as Dame Marjorie "Maude" Chardin
- Bud Cort as Harold Parker Chasen
- Vivian Pickles as Mrs. Chasen
- Cyril Cusack as Glaucus
- Charles Tyner as General Victor Ball
- Eric Christmas as the Priest
- George Wood as Harold's Psychiatrist
- Ellen Geer as Sunshine Doré
- Judy Engles as Candy Gulf
- Shari Summers as Edith Phern
- Tom Skerritt (credited as "M. Borman") as Motorcycle officer