Hollywood is a district in Los Angeles. It is a significant location for the film industry, as a great deal of movie production goes on there, including filming, editing, effects, post-production and lighting.
Hollywood is also known for the " Walk of Fame", which was started in 1958. The Walk of Fame consists of handprints of celebrities on "tiles" of concrete. Getting a tile on the walk of fame is considered a great accomplishment.
Burbank, California - Disney, Warner Bros., DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Lucasfilm, Nickelodeon, Hanna-Barbera, Aardman, Tex Avery and Pixar the creators characters to life: Snow White, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, The Flintstones, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Darth Vader, Wallace and Gromit, Tom and Jerry, Tex Avery cartoon characters and SpongeBob SquarePants.
Disney and Warner Bros. the creators of Mickey Mouse universe, Donald Duck universe, Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Disney Princess, Winnie the Pooh, Star Wars, Toy Story, Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, Scooby-Doo, Cartoon Network, Tom and Jerry, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.
- The Walt Disney Company
- Disney - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Toy Story and other members of the Disney and Pixar cartoons, films, TV shows and short films characters
- Marvel Comics - Spider-Man and other members of the Marvel superheroes and supervillains
- Lucasfilm - Star Wars (including Darth Vader and other members of the Star Wars characters) and Indiana Jones
- The Muppets
- Warner Bros. - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies and other members of the Warner Bros. characters
- Hanna-Barbera - Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones and other members of the Hanna-Barbera characters
- DC Comics - Superman, Batman and other members of the DC superheroes and supervillains
- Cartoon Network
- News Corporation and 21st Century Fox
- MGM Holdings