Johnny Apollo is a 1940 crime film directed by Henry Hathaway, starring Tyrone Power, Dorothy Lamour, Edward Arnold and Lloyd Nolan.
After finishing college, Bob Cain (Tyrone Power) is on the job hunt. However, the reputation of his embezzling father, Robert Cain Sr. (Edward Arnold), precedes him, making it all but impossible to find gainful employment. With few options left, Cain resorts to crime by joining up with the gangster Mickey Dwyer (Edward Arnold) and his gang. Cain's precarious life as a criminal becomes even more so when he falls for Dwyer's girlfriend, Lucky Dubarry (Dorothy Lamour).
- Tyrone Power as Bob Cain, Jr. / Johnny Apollo
- Dorothy Lamour as Lucky Dubarry
- Edward Arnold as Bob "Pop" Cain
- Lloyd Nolan as Mickey Dwyer
- Charley Grapewin as Judge Brennan
- Lionel Atwill as Jim McLaughlin