Joy (2015) is a American biographical comedy-drama film written and directed by David O. Russell, and produced by Russell, John Davis, Megan Ellison. It stars Jennifer Lawrence as Joy Mangano, Bradley Cooper as an executive at the Home Shopping Network (HSN), Robert De Niro as Mangano's father, and Édgar Ramírez as Joy's divorced husband. Filming began in Boston on February 16, 2015, and theatrical release is currently scheduled for December 25, 2015.
Joy follows the life of Joy Mangano, an inventor, entrepreneur, and a single mother of three children across four generations of her family. Mangano - who invented the 'Miracle Mop' and 'Huggable Hangers' among other popular products - is the President of Ingenious Designs, LLC, and matriarch of a powerful family business dynasty centered on products sold via the Home Shopping Network. The film explores the family influences that help shape Mangano's strong sense of determination and resolve, as well as her early struggles and failures on the road to forging a successful business and life for herself and her three children.
- Jennifer Lawrence -as- Joy Mangano
- Isabella Crovetti-Cramp -as- young Joy Mangano
- Bradley Cooper -as- a Home Shopping Network exec who believes in Joy and her 'Miracle Mop'
- Robert De Niro -as- Joy's father
- Édgar Ramírez -as- Tony Miranne, Joy's husband who divorced her
- Elisabeth Röhm -as- Peggy, Joy's sister
- Dascha Polanco -as- Jackie, Joy's best friend
- Isabella Rossellini
- Diane Ladd
- Virginia Madsen
- Donna Mills