Jumanji: The Next Level is an American fantasy adventure comedy film directed by Jake Kasdan. The cast of the film consists of Dwayne Johnson, Danny DeVito, Jack Black, Ser'Darius Blain, Kevin Hart, Danny Glover, Karen Gillan, Morgan Turner, Nick Jonas, Awkwafina, Madison Iseman, and Alex Wolff.
The film serves as a sequel to the 2017 film Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and is the third overall entry in the Jumanji franchise. It was released in the United States on December 13, 2019 by Sony Pictures Releasing.
Premise[edit | edit source]
Unknown to his friends, Spencer kept the pieces of the Jumanji video game, and one day worked to repair the system in the basement of his grandfather's house. When Spencer's friends arrive, they find Spencer missing and the game running, and decide to re-enter Jumanji to save him. Spencer's grandfather, Eddie, and his friend, Milo Walker, hear the commotion, and inadvertently get sucked into the game too. The teenaged friends must help Eddie and Milo get used to their in-game avatars and get their help to find Spencer and escape Jumanji again.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Dwayne Johnson as Dr. Smolder Bravestone
- Danny DeVito as Eddie Gilpin
- Jack Black as Professor Sheldon Oberon
- Ser'Darius Blain as Anthony "Fridge" Johnson
- Kevin Hart as Franklin "Mouse" Finbar
- Danny Glover as Milo Walker
- Karen Gillan as Ruby Roundhouse
- Morgan Turner as Martha Kaply
- Nick Jonas as Jefferson "Seaplane" McDonough
- Madison Iseman as Bethany Walker
- Alex Wolff as Spencer Gilpin