McCabe & Mrs. Miller is a 1971 American revisionist Western film directed by Robert Altman, and starring Warren Beatty and Julie Christie. The screenplay by Altman and Brian McKay is based on the 1959 novel McCabe by Edmund Naughton.
Charismatic gambler John McCabe (Warren Beatty) arrives in a mining community and decides to open a brothel. The local residents are impressed by his confident demeanor and fast talk, but crafty prostitute Constance Miller (Julie Christie) sees through McCabe's words and realizes he isn't as sharp as he seems. For a share in his profits, Mrs. Miller agrees to help plan and run McCabe's establishment, but soon a powerful company threatens to destroy what they have built up.
- Warren Beatty – John McCabe
- Julie Christie – Constance Miller
- René Auberjonois – Sheehan
- Michael Murphy – Eugene Sears
- Antony Holland – Ernest Hollander
- Bert Remsen - Bart Coyle
- Shelley Duvall – Ida Coyle
- Keith Carradine – Cowboy
- Hugh Millais – Butler
- Jace Van Der Veen – Breed
- Manfred Schulz – Kid
- Corey Fischer – Rev. Elliot
- William Devane – Clement Samuels, Esq
- John Schuck – Smalley