Minions is a 2015 American computer animated science fiction action adventure comedy film directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda and written by Brian Lynch. It's a spin-off and prequel of the Despicable Me franchise.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The story of the Minions begins at the dawn of time. Starting as single-celled yellow organisms, Minions evolve through the ages, perpetually serving the most despicable of masters. Continuously unsuccessful at keeping these masters - from T. Rex to Napoleon to Dracula - the Minions find themselves without someone to serve and fall into a deep depression.
But one Minion named Kevin has a plan, and he - alongside teenage rebel Stuart and lovable little Bob - ventures out into the world to find a new evil boss for his brethren to follow.
The trio embarks upon a thrilling journey that ultimately leads them to their next potential master, Scarlet Overkill (Sandra Bullock), the world’s first-ever female super-villain. They travel from frigid Antarctica to 1960s New York City, ending in mod London, where they must face their biggest challenge to date: saving all of Minionkind...from annihilation.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Pierre Coffin as Kevin, Stuart, Bob and the Minions
- Sandra Bullock as Scarlet Overkill, an ambitious villain
- Jon Hamm as Herb Overkill, an inventor and Scarlet's husband
- Jennifer Saunders as Queen Elizabeth II
- Hiroyuki Sanada as a sumo wrestler
- Michael Keaton as Walter Nelson
- Allison Janney as Madge Nelson
- Steve Coogan as Professor Flux and The Tower Guard
- Geoffrey Rush as the Narrator
- Steve Carell as Gru