Paddington 2 is a British-French family-comedy film directed by Paul King, co-written by him and Simon Farnaby, and produced by David Heyman. It is the sequel to Paddington (2014). The film stars Hugh Grant, Brendan Gleeson, Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi, Madeleine Harris, Samuel Joslin, and the voices of Ben Whishaw and Imelda Staunton. Production began in October 2016. The film was released on January 12, 2018 in the United States.
The film is the highest rated film of all-time on Rotten Tomatoes.
Paddington, having settled with the Brown family in Windsor Gardens, has become popular in his community. He sees a unique pop-up book in Mr. Gruber's antique shop, and performs several odd jobs to purchase it as a present for his aunt Lucy's 100th birthday. When the book is stolen, it is up to him and the Browns to apprehend the thief.
- Ben Whishaw as the voice of Paddington Bear
- Hugh Grant as Phoenix Buchanan, a faded and narcissistic actor
- Brendan Gleeson as Knuckles McGinty, a safecracker
- Hugh Bonneville as Henry Brown
- Sally Hawkins as Mary Brown
- Julie Walters as Mrs. Bird
- Jim Broadbent as Samuel Gruber
- Peter Capaldi as Mr. Curry
- Madeleine Harris as Judy Brown
- Samuel Joslin as Jonathan Brown
- Imelda Staunton as the voice of Lucy, Paddington's aunt
In April 2015, David Heyman, the producer of Paddington (2014), confirmed that he would produce a sequel to the film. It was also announced that Paul King would return to direct and co-write with Simon Farnaby.
By October 2016, the cast of Paddington — Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi, Madeleine Harris, Samuel Joslin, Ben Whishaw and Imelda Staunton — were confirmed to be returning for the sequel, joined by new cast members Hugh Grant and Brendan Gleeson. Principal photography began in the same month. Framestore provided the visual effects for the film. Filming in Little Venice took place for three days. Filming also took place at Shepton Mallet Prison.
Paddington 2 was released on 10 November 2017 in the United Kingdom. It was even released on January 12, 2018 in the United States.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 De Semlyen, Phil (18 October 2016). Paddington 2 starts shooting with Hugh Grant and Brendan Gleeson aboard. Empire. Retrieved on 20 October 2016.
- ↑ Ellwood, Gregory. From 'tragic character' to 'bad guy,' Hugh Grant takes his time picking roles.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Stolworthy, Jacob (18 October 2016). Paddington 2 recruits Hugh Grant and Brendan Gleeson as filming begins. The Independent. Retrieved on 20 October 2016.
- ↑ Radish, Christina (28 April 2015). Paddington 2: Producer David Heyman Provides an Update on the Sequel. Collider.com. Retrieved on 20 October 2016.
- ↑ "Cannes: 'Paddington 2' Sets Production Date", Variety, 10 May 2016. Retrieved on 20 October 2016.
- ↑ Kollewe, Julia (3 November 2016). Harry Potter special effects firm looks east with sale to China group. The Guardian. Retrieved on 4 November 2016.
- ↑ Paddington Bear film set staff 'acting like armed militia', say angry Little Venice residents. London Evening Standard (18 November 2016). Retrieved on 25 November 2016.
- ↑ Paddington 2: Film starring Hugh Grant shot scenes at Shepton Mallet prison and stars local girl. Somerset Live (28 January 2017). Retrieved on 17 February 2017.
- ↑ Barnes, Henry (20 June 2016). Back fur more: Paddington films set for third instalment. The Guardian. Retrieved on 1 January 2017.