Pixels is a 2015 American 3D science fiction action comedy film produced by Columbia Pictures, 1492 Pictures and Happy Madison Productions. The film is directed by Chris Columbus from a screenplay written by Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling and a screen story penned by Tim Herlihy and based on Patrick Jean's 2010 Internet short film of the same name. The film stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage, Michelle Monaghan, Brian Cox, Ashley Benson and Jane Krakowski.
Principal photography on the film began on June 2, 2014 in Toronto, Canada. The film was released on July 24, 2015.
Plot[edit | edit source]
When aliens intercept video feeds of classic arcade games and misinterpret them as a declaration of war, they attack Earth, using the games as models. Knowing that he must employ a similar strategy, President Will Cooper (Kevin James) recruits his childhood pal, former video-game champ and home-theater installer Sam Brenner (Adam Sandler), to lead a team of old-school arcade players (Peter Dinklage, Josh Gad) and a military specialist (Michelle Monaghan) to save the planet.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Adam Sandler as Sam Brenner
- Kevin James as Will Cooper
- Josh Gad as Ludlow Lamonsoff
- Peter Dinklage as Eddie Plant
- Michelle Monaghan as Violet van Patten
- Matt Lintz as Matty
- Brian Cox as Admiral Porter
- Ashley Benson as Lady Lisa
- Jane Krakowski as Carolyn Cooper
- Denis Akiyama as Toru Iwatani
- Sean Bean as Corporal Hill
- Affion Crockett as Sergeant Dylan Cohan
- Dan Aykroyd as 1982 Championship MC
- Lainie Kazan as Mickey Lamonsoff
- Serena Williams and Martha Stewart makes a cameo