Quantum of Solace is a 2008 British spy film directed by Marc Forster. The cast of the film consists of Daniel Craig, Olga Kurylenko, Mathieu Amalric, Gemma Arterton, Giancarlo Giannini, Jeffrey Wright, and Judi Dench.
It serves as the twenty-second installment in the James Bond series, and the second to star Craig as Bond.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Even if he struggles not to make his last mission a personal matter, James Bond is determined to hunt down those who forced Vesper to betray him. By questioning Mr White, 007 and M learn that the organization to which he belongs is much more complex and dangerous than anything they had imagined.
Bond crosses the road of the beautiful and pugnacious Camille, who seeks revenge too. She leads him on the trail of Dominic Greene, a ruthless businessman and one of the pillars of the mysterious organization. During a mission to Austria, Italy and South America, Bond discovers that Greene is maneuvering to take control of one of the most important natural resources in the world using the power of the organization and by manipulating the CIA and the British government.
Taken in a labyrinth of treachery and murder, as he approaches the true leader of Vesper's betrayal, 007 must absolutely stay ahead of the CIA, the terrorists and even on M, to thwart Greene's sinister plan and stop the organization.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Daniel Craig as James Bond
- Olga Kurylenko as Camille Montes
- Mathieu Amalric as Dominic Greene
- Gemma Arterton as MI6 agent Strawberry Fields
- Giancarlo Giannini as René Mathis
- Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter
- Judi Dench as M
- Anatole Taubman as Elvis
- David Harbour as Gregg Beam
- Joaquín Cosío as General Medrano
- Fernando Guillén Cuervo as Carlos
- Jesper Christensen as Mr. White
- Rory Kinnear as Bill Tanner
- Paul Ritter as Guy Haines
- Tim Pigott-Smith as the British Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Neil Jackson as Edmund Slate
- Simon Kassianides as Yusef
- Stana Katic as Corrine Veneau
- Glenn Foster as Craig Mitchell
- Oona Chaplin as Perla de las Dunas' receptionist
- Lucrezia Lante della Rovere as Gemma
- Elizabeth Arciniega as Mr. White's girlfriend
Critical Reception[edit | edit source]
Quantum of Solace received mixed to positive reviews from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, The film has a score of 65% based on 294 reviews with an average score of 6.16/10.