Rocky Balboa (also known as Rocky VI) is the sixth installment in the Rocky franchise, written, directed by, and starring Sylvester Stallone who reprises his role as the title character. This film marks thirty years since Rocky.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Now long-retired, Rocky (Sylvester Stallone) runs a Philadelphia eatery and mourns the loss of his beloved wife, Adrian. Yearning to recapture a bit of his glory days, he plans to re-enter the ring for a few low-profile, local matches. All that changes when Rocky accepts a challenge to fight the world's reigning heavyweight champion, Mason "the Line" Dixon (Antonio Tarver).
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa
- Burt Young as Paulie Pennino
- Milo Ventimiglia as Robert Balboa
- Geraldine Hughes as Marie
- James Francis Kelly III as Stephenson ("Steps")
- Tony Burton as Tony "Duke" Evers
- Antonio Tarver as Mason "The Line" Dixon
- Talia Shire as Adrian (flashbacks)
- Burgess Meredith as Mickey Goldmill (uncredited)