Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is an upcoming crime thriller neo-noir film based on Frank Miller's story A Dame to Kill For, the second book in the Sin City series. The film will be a sequel to the 2005 film Sin City. Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller will direct with a script written by them and William Monahan. The film is scheduled to be released on October 4, 2013.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For will be primarily based on the story A Dame to Kill For. However, it will also include elements from newer stories, and the writers (Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez, and William Monahan) will embrace a sense of openness and flexibility for the storyline, so that characters from the first Sin City film will be allowed to return.
The story of A Dame to Kill For mostly involves the battle between former lovers Dwight McCarthy and Ava Lord, the latter of whom uses her femme fatale powers to manipulate others into assisting her in taking down Dwight, while Dwight scrambles to return the fight with help from Marv and the Girls of Old Town.
- Josh Brolin as Dwight McCarthy
- Eva Green as Ava Lord
- Jamie Chung as Miho
- Jessica Alba as Nancy Callahan
- Rosario Dawson as Gail
- Jaime King as Goldie and Wendy
- Mickey Rourke as Marv
- Joseph Gordon Levitt as Johnny
- Bruce Willis as John Hartigan
- Dennis Haysbert as Manute
- Ray Liotta as Joey
- Christopher Meloni as Mort
- Jeremy Piven as Bob
- Juno Temple as Sally
- Christopher Lloyd as Kroenig
- Julia Garner as Marcie
- Stacy Keach as Wallenquist
Director Robert Rodriguez spoke about the unprecedented use of 3D in the new film, saying, ""We're really playing with stuff because that's a very two dimensional world and to see that stylization in 3D, it'll blow people's minds. 3D hasn't been used like this yet." 
It is currently unknown who will be playing the primary female character, Ava Lord, but Rachel Weisz has replaced Angelina Jolie as the frontrunner for the role. Previously, Jolie, Salma Hayek, and Rose McGowan were the director's top three choices.
Here are casting announcements in chronological order:
- October 2012: Due to Devon Aoki's second pregnancy, she decided not to return to reprise her role as Miho. Instead, Jamie Chung was casted.
- December 2012: Dennis Haysbert was cast to replace the late Michael Clarke Duncan as the character Manute. 
- January 2013:' It was announced that Bruce Willis would be returning for his role as John Hartigan and Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been casted as a new character, Johnny, who is "a gambler, a very cocky gambler, who comes in and tries to beat the biggest villain in Sin City at his own game. The story's called 'The Long, Bad Night.' He beats the wrong guy in a game and bad stuff happens to him."  It was also announced in January that Jeremy Piven, Juno Temple, and Ray Liotta would be joining the cast, and that Josh Brolin would be playing pre-facial surgery Dwight McCarthy. 
News and Interviews
|Sin City sequel release date announced||Interview with Jamie King|
|Robert Rodriguez at SXSW 2010|