Some scenes, which required shooting at Skellig Michael in Ireland, took place during pre-production in September 2015, while principal photography began at Pinewood Studios in the United Kingdom in February 2016.
The final film in the sequel trilogy, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, is scheduled for release in 2019.
Rey (Daisy Ridley) develops her newly discovered abilities with the guidance of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), who is unsettled by the strength of her powers. Meanwhile, the Resistance prepares for battle with the First Order.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker and Dobbu Scay
- Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
- Daisy Ridley as Rey
- John Boyega as Finn
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
- Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke
- Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
- Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico
- Laura Dern as Vice Admiral Holdo
- Benicio Del Toro as DJ