Filming began in May 2011 in Boston and Swampscott. The movie, which is the feature-length directorial debut for MacFarlane, is produced by Media Rights Capital, and will be distributed by Universal Pictures. It was released in June 2012. In March of 2012, the MPAA gave the film an R rating for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, and some drug use.
John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) is an "average Joe" Boston native whose innocent childhood wish for his teddy bear to come to life actually comes true. However, the bear named Ted (voiced and motion-captured by Seth MacFarlane) remains his "best friend" even into his adult years - refusing to leave his side. Ted's irresponsible and vulgar slacker lifestyle - in continuing to apply childish morals - conflicts John's attempt to embrace his adulthood and the woman of his dreams Lori Collins (Mila Kunis).
- Mark Wahlberg as Jonathan "John" Bennett, the main protagonist.
- Mila Kunis as Lori Collins
- Seth MacFarlane as Ted (voice)
- Giovanni Ribisi as Donny
- Joel McHale as Rex
- Aedin Mincks as Robert
As MacFarlane's first outing as director, "Ted" is a live-action film with the notable exception of a computer-animated Ted, and MacFarlane wrote the screenplay himself alongside his Family Guy colleagues Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild.
MacFarlane announced the movie in the February 10, 2011 episode of Conan.
- The opening crawl for the Family Guy episode "It's a Trap!," released on DVD on December 21, 2010, alludes to Ted in the sentence, "But Fox suddenly had dollar signs in their eyes, and they said, 'Seth, if you don't do Jedi, we're not gonna let you leave to go direct your movie.'"
- A trailer for the film debuted during the premiere broadcast of the Family Guy episode "You Can't Do That on Television, Peter".
- ↑ http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2011/01/17/new-projects-coming-to-new-england-including-ted-and-moon-rise-kingdom/
- ↑ http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/mark-wahlberg-back-in-buddy-comedy-mode-for-seth-macfarlanes-pic-helming-debut/
- ↑ http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75339
- ↑ http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/10/26/mark-wahlberg-seth-macfarlane-ted/