Ted 2 is a 2015 American comedy film of the continuing adventures of John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) and Ted (voiced by Seth MacFarlane), directed by Seth MacFarlane and written by John Jacobs, Scott Stuber, MacFarlane, Wellesley Wild, and Jason Clark.
The film was released on June 26, 2015.
Life has changed drastically for thunder buddies John (Mark Wahlberg), now a bachelor, and best pal Ted, now married to the woman (Jessica Barth) of his dreams. Problems arise when the couple decide to adopt a child, but the law declares Ted to be property and not a person. Angry and dejected, the lovably foulmouthed teddy bear must now seek legal help from a young lawyer (Amanda Seyfried) and a legendary, civil-rights attorney (Morgan Freeman) to get the justice he deserves.
- Mark Wahlberg as John Bennett, the main protagonist.
- Amanda Seyfried as Samantha Jackson, the secondary tritagonist.
- Giovanni Ribisi as Donny, the main antagonist.
- Jessica Barth as Tami-Lynn
- Patrick Warburton as Guy
- Bill Smitrovich as Frank Stevens
- Sam J. Jones as himself
- Morgan Freeman as Patrick Meighan, Civil Rights Lawyer
- Dennis Haysbert as Fertility doctor
- Tom Brady as Sperm Donor
- Liam Neeson as Customer
- Richard Schiff as Steve
- Michael Dorn as Rick
- Curtis Stigers as Wedding singer
- John Slattery as Shep Wild
- William Xifaras as Boston Guy
- Nana Visitor as Adoption agent
- Seth MacFarlane as Ted (voice and motion capture), the titular deuteragonist.
- Tara Strong (uncredited) as Ted's "I Love You" function
- Patrick Stewart as Narrator