The Addams family's lives begin to unravel when they face-off against a greedy crafty reality-TV host while also preparing for their extended family to arrive for a major celebration.
- Oscar Isaac as Gomez Addams, Morticia's husband
- Charlize Theron as Morticia Addams, Gomez’s wife
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Wednesday Addams, Gomez and Morticia’s daughter
- Finn Wolfhard as Pugsley Addams, Gomez and Morticia’s son
- Nick Kroll as Uncle Fester
- Bette Midler as Grandmama
- Allison Janney as Margaux Needler, a reality-TV host
- Elsie Fisher as Parker Needler, Margaux’s daughter
- Aimee Garcia as Denise
ProductionEditAfter acquiring the rights to the Addams Family comics, the film originally began production at Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment as a stop-motion animated film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Chris Meledandri. However, in 2013, it was announced that Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (current rights holder of the original Addams Family series and current foreign rights holder of the 1991 Addams Family film) would produce an animated film based on the Addams Family comics, with Pamela Pettler writing the screenplay.
In October 2017, it was announced that the film would be directed and produced by Conrad Vernon. Gail Berman and Alex Schwartz will produce the film, and Matt Lieberman will make revisions to the screenplay, and the film would be animated by Cinesite Studios, with Tabitha Shick overseeing the film for MGM. In December 2017, it was reported that Oscar Isaac was in talks to voice the role of Gomez Addams in the film. In June 2018, Isaac was confirmed for the voice cast, alongside the additions of Charlize Theron, Allison Janney, Bette Midler, Chloë Grace Moretz, Finn Wolfhard and Nick Kroll. In July 2018, Aimee Garcia joined the voice cast. In August 2018, Elsie Fisher joined the voice cast.
The film was originally going to be scheduled on October 11, 2019 but was pushed back a week from its original release date of October 11, 2019 to October 18, 2019.
- The Addams Family on IMDb