The Cowboy Way is a 1994 American action comedy film directed by Gregg Champion and starring Woody Harrelson and Kiefer Sutherland.
The Cowboy Way follows two championship rodeo stars and lifelong best friends, Pepper Lewis (Woody Harrelson) and Sonny Gilstrap (Kiefer Sutherland) as they travel from New Mexico to New York City in search of their missing friend, Nacho Salazar, who came to the city to pay for his daughter's trip to the U.S. from Cuba. When they discover that he's been murdered, the pair set out to find the killer.
- Woody Harrelson as Pepper Lewis
- Kiefer Sutherland as Sonny Gilstrap
- Dylan McDermott as John Stark
- Ernie Hudson as Officer Sam 'Mad Dog' Shaw
- Cara Buono as Teresa Salazar
- Marg Helgenberger as Margarette
- Tomas Milian as Manny Huerta
- Luis Guzmán as Chango
- Allison Janney as NYPD Computer Operator
- Angel Caban as Boca
- Matthew Cowles as Pop Fly
- Joaquín Martínez as Nacho Salazar
- Kristin Baer as Melba
- Christian Aubert as Jacques
- Emmanuel Xuereb as Gaston
- Francie Swift as Desk Clerk at Waldorf Astoria
- Christopher Durang as Waiter at Waldorf Astoria
- Laura Ekstrand as Cello Player at Waldorf Astoria
- Graciela Lecube as Pawn Shop Woman
- José Zúñiga as Carlos
- Travis Tritt as Special Appearance
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes The Cowboy Way' has an approval rating of 21% based on 14 reviews, with an average rating of 4.24/10.
Joe Brown of The Washington Post said, "The Cowboy Way is a weak rehashing of the Crocodile Dundee gimmick: two modern-day cowboys taming the Wild East. The tired formula may still have some life left in it, but not this 'Way'. This dud ranch is saddled with the charisma-free teaming of dumb guns Woody Harrelson and Kiefer Sutherland."
- 5th worst – Robert Denerstein, Rocky Mountain News
- Top 10 worst (listed alphabetically, not ranked) – Mike Mayo, The Roanoke Times
- Dishonorable mention – Dan Craft, The Pantagraph
The Cowboy Way debuted at No.5 at the US box office.