When their cave is destroyed, the Crood family is forced to embark on an epic adventure into a pre-historic world in search of a new home. With the help of a brash, know-it-all nomad named Guy, the Croods learn to conquer their fears and discover what it takes to survive – each other.
- Nicolas Cage as Grug, a caveman who is the well-meaning, overprotective but outdated patriarch of the Croods family
- Ryan Reynolds as Guy, a nomadic caveboy who is not as strong as the Croods but prefers using his brain and comes up with various ideas. He is accompanied by a sloth-like pet named Belt.
- Emma Stone as Eep, a cavegirl who is Grug and Ugga's eldest daughter and is filled with curiosity and a desire for adventure
- Catherine Keener as Ugga, a cavewoman who is Grug's wife. She is more open-minded than Grug, but has a hard job to make her family safe.
- Clark Duke as Thunk, a caveboy who is Grug and Ugga's son. Thunk is a 6-foot-9, 320 pounds and 9 years old middle child, who is not smart, has bad coordination but has a good heart
- Cloris Leachman as Gran, a very old (45 years) and ferocious cavewoman who is the mother-in-law of Grug.