The Croods is an 2013 American 3D computer-animated adventure comedy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It will star Nicolas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, Catherine Keener, Emma Stone, Clark Duke, and Cloris Leachman. The film is set in the prehistoric era, when a man's position as a "Leader of the Hunt" is threatened by the arrival of a prehistoric genius who comes up with revolutionary new inventions like fire.
Plot[edit | edit source]
When their cave is destroyed, the Crood family is forced to embark on an epic adventure into a pre-historic world in search of a new home. With the help of a brash, know-it-all nomad named Guy, the Croods learn to conquer their fears and discover what it takes to survive – each other.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Nicolas Cage as Grug, a caveman who is the well-meaning, overprotective but outdated patriarch of the Croods family
- Ryan Reynolds as Guy, a nomadic caveboy who is not as strong as the Croods but prefers using his brain and comes up with various ideas. He is accompanied by a sloth-like pet named Belt.
- Emma Stone as Eep, a cavegirl who is Grug and Ugga's eldest daughter and is filled with curiosity and a desire for adventure
- Catherine Keener as Ugga, a cavewoman who is Grug's wife. She is more open-minded than Grug, but has a hard job to make her family safe.
- Clark Duke as Thunk, a caveboy who is Grug and Ugga's son. Thunk is a 6-foot-9, 320 pounds and 9 years old middle child, who is not smart, has bad coordination but has a good heart
- Cloris Leachman as Gran, a very old (45 years) and ferocious cavewoman who is the mother-in-law of Grug.