The Hangover Part II is a 2011 American film directed by Todd Phillips, starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, and Justin Bartha, reprising their roles from The Hangover. The main cast also includes Ken Jeong and Jeffrey Tambor, who also return from the first film, and Mason Lee, Jamie Chung and Paul Giamatti, who join the ensemble. It is the second installment of The Hangover trilogy.
Phillips directed from a screenplay he co-wrote with Craig Mazin & Scot Armstrong. Phillips also produced the film under his Green Hat Films banner, together with Dan Goldberg. Thomas Tull, Scott Budnick, Chris Bender and J.C. Spink are the executive producers, with David A. Siegel and Jeffrey Wetzel serving as co-producers.
Behind the scenes, the creative team was led by director of photography Lawrence Sher, production designer Bill Brzeski, editors Debra Neil-Fisher and Mike Sale, costume designer Louise Mingenbach, and composer Christophe Beck.
Two years after the disastrous events in Las Vegas, it is now Stu's (Ed Helms) turn to walk down the aisle. Since his bride is from Thailand, Stu decides to hold the wedding there. Desperately hoping to avoid the mayhem of Doug's (Justin Bartha) bachelor party, Stu chooses what he thinks will be a safe option: an alcohol-free, prewedding brunch. But this being Thailand, and with Phil (Bradley Cooper) and Alan (Zach Galifianakis) again in attendance, anything can happen.
- Ed Helms as Dr. Stu Price, a dentist traveling to Thailand to get married
- Bradley Cooper as Phil Wenneck, a teacher, the leader of the Wolfpack
- Zach Galifianakis as Alan Garner, brother-in-law to Doug, idolizes Phil
- Justin Bartha as Doug Billings
- Ken Jeong as Leslie Chow
- Sasha Barrese as Tracy Billings, Doug's wife
- Jamie Chung as Lauren Srisai, Stu's fiancée
- Gillian Vigman as Stephanie Wenneck, Phil's wife
- Mason Lee as Teddy Srisai, Lauren's brother
- Bryan Callen as Samir, a strip club owner in Bangkok
- Paul Giamatti as Kingsley/Detective Peters, an undercover Interpol agent
- Jeffrey Tambor as Sid Garner
- Sondra Currie as Linda Garner, Tracy's and Alan's mother
- Yasmin Lee as Kimmy
- Nirut Sirijanya as Fong Srisai, Lauren's father
- Penpak Sirikul as Joi
- Mike Tyson as himself
- Crystal the Monkey as The Drug-Dealing Monkey
On Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 33% based on 247 reviews with an average rating of 4.96/10. On Metacritic, the film has a score of 44 out of 100 based on 40 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "A–" on an A+ to F scale.
Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film two stars out of four stating, "The Hangover Part II plays like a challenge to the audience's capacity for raunchiness. It gets laughs, but some of them are in disbelief".