The Invisible Man is a 2020 horror film written and directed by Leigh Whannell. The film is a modern reimagining of both the novel of the same name by H. G. Wells and the 1933 film adaptation of the same name. It stars Elisabeth Moss, Aldis Hodge, Storm Reid, Harriet Dyer, and Oliver Jackson-Cohen. It is an international co-production of the United States and Australia.
The film was released in the United States on February 28, 2020, by Universal Pictures.
Trapped in a violent, controlling relationship with a wealthy and brilliant scientist, Cecilia Kass (Elisabeth Moss) escapes in the dead of night and disappears into hiding, aided by her sister (Harriet Dyer), their childhood friend (Aldis Hodge) and his teenage daughter (Storm Reid).
But when Cecilia’s abusive ex (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) commits suicide and leaves her a generous portion of his vast fortune, Cecilia suspects his death was a hoax.
As a series of eerie coincidences turns lethal, threatening the lives of those she loves, Cecilia’s sanity begins to unravel as she desperately tries to prove that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see.
- Elisabeth Moss as Cecilia Kass
- Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Adrian Griffin
- Aldis Hodge as James Lanier
- Storm Reid as Sydney Lanier
- Harriet Dyer as Alice Kass
- Michael Dorman as Tom Griffin
- Benedict Hardie as Marc (Architect)
- Amali Golden as Annie
- Sam Smith as Detective Reckley
- Zara Michaels as Nurse
- Anthony Brandon Wong as Accident Victim
- Nash Edgerton as Security Guard