The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure is the first of many animated sequels to the film The Land Before Time. It was released six years after the original. After the release of this sequel, all the films in the series have been released at a rate of one movie every one or two years. It reproduces as a Non Sesame Street Segment.
Directed/Produced by Roy Allen Smith. Produced by Zahra Dowlatabadi. Written by John Loy, John Lubin, and Dev Ross.
| Spoiler warning: The following contains plot details about|
the entire movie.
In search of more adventure, the kids find a hideaway to hang out in and spot two "egg-eaters" making off with an egg. The kids chase the thieves and accidentally wind up making a big hole in part of the wall surrounding the Great Valley, now allowing carnivorous dinosaurs to get in. Regardless, they seemingly recover the egg. The egg they were after just rolls back home during the ordeal, and they actually wind up bringing back an egg containing an infant Tyrannosaurus rex through a somewhat playful twist of fate. Naturally, the two thieves want their egg back, and the parents of the infant sharptooth want their baby back. Chaos soon breaks out throughout the entire Great Valley. Meanwhile, the children have grown attached to their new friend, the baby sharptooth, whom they appropriately name Chomper. But in the end, the only solution to regain their peaceful way of life in the valley is to give the parents back their baby and close the way in once they leave.
- Scott McAfee .... Littlefoot (voice)
- Candace Hutson .... Cera (voice)
- Heather Hogan .... Ducky (voice)
- Jeff Bennett .... Petrie / Frank Oz ..... Ozzy (voice)
- Rob Paulsen .... Spike / Frank Welker .... Chomper / Jim Henson ...... Strut (voice)
- Linda Gary .... Grandma (voice)
- Kenneth Mars .... Grandpa (voice)
- John Ingle / Madeline Kahn .... Narrator / John Ingle ..... Cera's Father
- Tress MacNeille .... Ducky's Mom/Petrie's Mom (voice)
- Many Eons Ago (Main Titles)
- Peaceful Valley
- Ozzy and Strut
- The Sinking Sand
- The Mysterious Beyond
- Whose Egg Is This?
- You Are One of Us Now
- The Volcano
- Littlefoot to the Rescue
- Sharpteeth in the Valley
- A Family Reunited
- Saying Goodbye
- End Titles
- In every sequel of the original film, The Land Before Time, there has always been a guest character featured. Up to date, Chomper and Mo are the only two guest characters of the series to make reappearances. Chomper, however, makes main reappearances in The Mysterious Island and in the up-and-coming television series compared to Mo receiving only a cameo in The Great Longneck Migration like Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas.
- This was the film that introduced the musical element into the series and it has consistently remained ever since.
- With the sole exception of Candace Hudson, the voice of Cera, none the original cast and crew members returned to contribute their voices to this direct-to-video sequel.
This was a major success in sales, and is generally well received among fans of the series. This is shown through the multiple sequels it has since then given rise to.
- The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure at the Internet Movie Database
- The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure Trailer at Video Detective
Film series The Land Before Time (1988) • The Great Valley Adventure (1994) • The Time of the Great Giving (1995) •
Journey Through the Mists (1996) • The Mysterious Island (1997) • The Secret of Saurus Rock (1998) • The Stone of Cold Fire (2000) • The Big Freeze (2001) • Journey to Big Water (2002) • The Great Longneck Migration (2003) • Invasion of the Tinysauruses (2005) • The Great Day of the Flyers (2006) • The Wisdom of Friends (2007) Journey of the Brave (2016)
Characters Littlefoot • Cera • Ducky • Petrie • Spike • Chomper • Ruby • Sharptooth • List_of_The_Land_Before_Time_characters#