The Razor's Edge is an American film noir drama directed by Edmund Goulding, starring Tyrone Power, Gene Tierney, John Payne, Anne Baxter, Clifton Webb, and Herbert Marshall, including Lucile Watson, Frank Latimore, and Elsa Lanchester. It is the first film version of W. Somerset Maugham's 1944 novel of the same name.
An American fighter pilot, Larry Darrell (Tyrone Power), returns from World War I sickened by the violence and fighting he has witnessed. In search of meaning, he travels to Paris, where he tries to live modestly. However, this leads Larry's fiancée, the status-seeking Isabel Bradley (Gene Tierney), to break off the engagement. But Isabel returns to Larry's life when he becomes romantically involved with Sophie (Anne Baxter), a troubled alcoholic recovering from tragedy.
- Tyrone Power as Larry Darrell
- Gene Tierney as Isabel Bradley
- John Payne as Gray Maturin
- Anne Baxter as Sophie MacDonald
- Clifton Webb as Elliott Templeton
- Herbert Marshall as W. Somerset Maugham
- Lucile Watson as Louisa Bradley
- Frank Latimore as Bob
- Elsa Lanchester as Miss Keith
- Cecil Humphreys as the Holy Man
- Fritz Kortner as Kosti
- Ted Billings as Miner (uncredited)
- Eugene Borden as Sea Captain (uncredited)
- Reed Hadley as Party Waiter (voice, uncredited)