What's Love Got to Do with It (1993) is an American biographical film loosely based on the life of Anna Mae Bullock - know internationally by her stage name, "Tina Turner." Directed by Brian Gibson, it stars Angela Bassett as Tina Turner and Laurence Fishburne as Ike Turner. The screenplay was adapted by Kate Lanier from the book I, Tina written by Tina Turner and Kurt Loder.
The story of singer Tina Turner's rise to stardom and how she gained the courage to break free from abusive husband, Ike Turner.
- Angela Bassett as Anna Mae Bullock / Tina Turner
- Rae'Ven Larrymore Kelly as Anna Mae Bullock (Young)
- Cora Lee Day as Grandma Georgiana
- Khandi Alexander as Darlene
- Laurence Fishburne as Ike Turner
- Jenifer Lewis as Zelma Currie Bullock, Tina's mother
- Phyllis Yvonne Stickney as Alline Bullock
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Lorraine Turner
- Vanessa Bell Calloway as Jackie
- Chi McBride as Fross
- Sherman Augustus as Reggie
- Terrence Riggins as Spider
- Bo Kane as Dance Show Host
- Terrence Evans as Bus Driver
- Rob LaBelle as Phil Spector
- James Reyne as Roger Davies
- Richard T. Jones as Ike Turner, Jr.
- Shavar Ross as Michael Turner
- Damon Hines as Ronnie Turner
- Suli McCulloghh as Craig Turner